yVM is a very small VM based on TinyCore 5.4 (kernel 3.8.13) and has open-vm-tools, nano, openssh and nginx installed. You can read a story about the the project here. If you want to know how to build your own yVM, please click here.
The current version has following characteristics:
- 48MB RAM,
- 64MB HDD, divided into two partitions:
- one 32MB /dev/sda1 ext3-formatted partition
- one 32MB /dev/sda5 swap partition
- open-vm-tools installed as per instructions from Lapawa + some manual tweaking;
- openssh, nano and basic nginx installation (http only).
- available usernames: tc and root
- password for both accounts: VMware1!
vSphere-compatible OVA: download (Redirection to Google Drive, MD5 checksum: cff70e1fdcc4ef3307ff364e2f93c775).